Why Is Vape Pen Not Working After Charge? Troubleshooting A Vape Pen
What Are Vape Pens?
Vape pens are used to smoke oil or liquid that becomes vaporized. Over the past few years, vape pens have become very popular to smoke different cannabinoids like CBD and delta-8. Vape pens work by using electricity and heat to warm up the oil that becomes vapor, which is then inhaled by the user.
- Broken Charger
Most vapes have lights on them that can show whether the pen is on or charged. If you plug in your vape and the light does not come on, it might mean your charger is not working properly. While many vape batteries come with a charger, they are not expensive to replace and are often easily available. If you are concerned about buying the right kind of charger, you should see if the brand you bought your vape from also offers a charger. A broken charger is one of the easiest issues to fix because you can affordably replace it without having to buy an entirely new vape.
Sometimes a vape pen can stop working if it becomes clogged. A clog can happen when the oil or liquid in the vape’s tank gets stuck in the mouthpiece. This causes you not to be able to pull the vapor through. This is a pretty common problem if a vape is used frequently, and it can also happen when the tank is close to being empty. The build-up of the liquid can restrict the airflow through the vape pen, causing it to seem like it is broken.
After consistent use of a vape pen, the battery can become worn down, which can cause it to stop working. Another reason your battery might break is if it is dropped too often. Falls can damage the parts of the vape that are important to its functioning. Lastly, batteries can break if they become wet, especially if they become entirely submerged in water.
Bad Coils or Cartridge
Another issue that can damage your vape pen is a coil or cartridge that is bad. The coils of a vape pen are located in the atomizer, and they can burn out or stop working after heavy use. If the coils go out, then the vape pen will not heat up and turn the oil into vapor.
How Do You Fix A Vape That Won’t Smoke?
There are several ways to fix a vape pen that is not working properly. Some fixes are as simple as replacing the part that is not working, like buying a new charger, battery, or cart. However, there are other issues that might come up that can be fixed without replacing any parts of your vape. Below, we have detailed the different ways you can fix common issues with your vape pen:
Unclogging The Vape Pens
Clogs are a common problem when a vape pen is used pretty regularly, and there are two kinds of clogs that can happen — one in the mouthpiece of the vape and one in the chamber. Clogs can be cleared by removing the stuck oil or e-liquid, and they are typically easy to clean in a few simple steps:
- Find something like a paperclip or a wire that is straight and thin enough to fit into the mouthpiece of your vape.
- Take the thin instrument that you are using, put it into the opening of the mouthpiece, and spin it around to remove the oil that has collected there. Do this until the clog is clear and the wire has moved as much of the oil as possible.
- Lastly, you can test the pen to see if it is working; if it is not, then the clog may not be completely clear. If this is the case, then get another clean wire and continue to clear the clog until the vape works again.
Unclogging the Chamber
- Find something that you can use to gently heat up the oil, like a hairdryer.
- Turn the hairdryer on, and make sure it is on high and on the warm or hot setting.
- Make sure your vape is not plugged in and that the cart is separate from the battery. Put the battery aside.
- Use the hairdryer to heat up the cartridge evenly, rotating it as you go. This will warm up the oil so it can be redistributed in the cart, fixing the clog.
Cleaning the Connection Plate
Another issue that can occur is connector problems, and sometimes you need to clean the connection plate. There are a few steps to properly cleaning the connection plate.
- Disconnect the cartridge from the battery.
- Use something soft like a cotton swab or cotton ball and soak it in isopropyl alcohol.
- Using isopropyl alcohol can cut through anything that is stuck onto the connection plate that is causing issues with the vape pen. The alcohol can also do away with any germs that may have accumulated after heavy use.
- Make sure all of the alcohol has evaporated before you reconnect the cartridge to the battery, then test the vape to see if it works.
What Should I Do if My Vape Pen Is Not Working After Being Charged?
Sometimes you have just charged your vape and you are ready to fire it up, but it does not work. This can be incredibly frustrating, especially if you are trying to relax after a long day. Luckily, there are a few fixes that you can try to get your vape working again.
Make sure your vape is actually fully charged. You should ensure this because the battery may not have been fully attached, meaning it may not have charged. So, make sure the parts are connected correctly, then plug the vape back into the charger. Let it charge fully for a while longer before testing it again.
Correctly Plugged In
You should make sure the pieces of your vape are fully connected. If the cartridge is not threaded fully or tightly enough onto the battery, then the power connection cannot work correctly.
The Vape Is Off
It might seem like the battery is not working, but your vape pen might just be turned off. Try making sure your device is turned on, and then test it again.
If these troubleshooting options did not work, then there may be a problem with one of the components of your vape. You may need to purchase a new battery, a new charger, or a new cartridge. Just make sure the cart you are using is compatible with the battery you buy. At BudPop, we offer two options of 510-threaded delta-8 vape cartridges and a battery with a charger that can be used with both cart options.
Can You Prolong Vape Battery Life?
There are definitely ways to prolong the life of a vape battery. If you treat your vape battery with care, then you may help prevent some of the issues that are common with vapes that are used frequently or heavily. There are a few methods that you can try:
- Try not to attach the cart and the battery too tightly, as this can cause problems with your battery and eventually cause it to break or become damaged.
- Make sure you are keeping your vape in an average temperature that is not too hot or too cold. Exposing your vape to unsuitable temperatures can damage the parts of your vape, causing them to break.
- Try to keep your vape out of direct sunlight, as this can cause wear on your battery.
- When you first get your vape, use up the charge in the battery initially, then make sure to charge it fully every time.
We also offer a vape battery that is compatible with our 510-threaded vape cartridges. It is a 400 mAh vape battery that has a variable voltage between 3.3V and 4.8V. This battery also comes with a USB charger, which makes charging and reusing your vape simple. This vape battery is compatible with all 510 vape cartridges, and using it is really simple. You just press the vape button five times to turn it on and off and press it twice to begin preheating it. You can twist the bottom to adjust the voltage.
Why Choose BudPop for Delta 8 THC Products?
There are so many reasons why choosing BudPop for delta-8 products is one of the best decisions you could make. Our products are excellent and top-notch, and we are confident in the quality of what we offer.
Below are a few more reasons why BudPop is awesome:
- Free and fast shipping across the U.S.
- 2018 Farm Bill compliant
- U.S.-grown, organic hemp
- No harsh chemicals or fillers
- 20% discount for first-time customers
- Return policy
- Subscriptions available for most products with a 25% discount
- Third-party lab tested
- Safely extracted
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Conclusion: How To Fix A Vape Pen Battery?
There are many different reasons that your vape pen may malfunction, but many of these issues can be easily solved by troubleshooting the problem or by replacing the part that is causing the vape to not work. Hopefully, these solutions can help you the next time you are in a jam with a vape pen that was working perfectly and is now being troublesome. If you are looking to start using a delta-8 vape pen, then look no further than our website, where you can find vape carts and a battery. BudPop is a one-stop shop for everything you need to get started. Our products are of excellent quality, tested for safety, and can satisfy all of your needs.